Consulting Skills Courses
What are internal consulting skills? What is internal consultancy?
Performance Dynamics presents the leading internal consulting skills training course in Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. If you need to build relationships with people in your organisation, understand their business needs and wants, present business solutions, influence them and build their ownership and commitment to take action, then you are operating in an internal consulting role.
Learn how to boost your skills as an internal consultant to have greater impact and make better use of your specialist or technical knowledge. You can attend a 2-day public course in Sydney or Melbourne or we can run this course for you as an in-house course on site at your location in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe and the UK (go to our United Kingdom website). Discover how to:
- Build highly productive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Develop lasting solutions your internal and external clients will 'own'
- Apply the skills and techniques to influence those 'difficult' clients
- Use professional consulting tools and techniques that really work
- Boost your 'Emotional Intelligence' to read your client and get what you want
- Gain a broader business perspective and speak the high-impact business language of your stakeholders
- Overcome resistance and build lasting commitment to action
- Leverage your expertise as an internal consultant and re-position your team as a value-adding business partner
Internal Consulting Skills course
This course (see internal consulting skills course program) is a fast-paced and highly concentrated learning experience and draws on the extensive practical consultancy and change management experience of the course leaders. The program includes internal consulting case studies, simulations, role plays and practical hints, tools and techniques to help you get even better results as an internal or external consultant.
Designed to help you develop the practical skills required in a consulting role: in the practical case study simulation you will work in a team of up to 7 participants. Guided by one of our experienced facilitators you and your team will plan and take part in a lively and realistic simulation of a consulting assignment - from initial contact with the client through to a successful implementation. You will learn how to deal with the real-life hurdles internal consultants face and how to use many professional consulting tools and techniques. In the seminar presentations, discussions and practice exercises you will discover how to deal with difficult situations, influence difficult clients, build highly productive working relationships and re-position your work group as an "added-value" business partner.
Personal Consulting Style Assessment and Personal Development Workbook
You will also receive a FREE computer-analysed assessment of your personal consulting style benchmarked against a comparison group of over 500 internal consultants. The accompanying 40-page Personal Development Workbook will help you take stock of your personal strengths and development needs and help you take action to exploit your strengths and address areas needing further development. You will also receive benchmarked feedback on your "EQ" (Emotional Intelligence) and how to boost it, 16 aspects of your Personal Consulting Style and 8 aspects of your preferred Team Style.
Internal Consulting Toolkit
Consulting Tools App
Get our app for Android-based phones and tablet devices. Packed with consulting guides and checklists.
See this App on "Google Play"
"Android", "Google Play", "Google" and the Google play logo are trademarks of Google Inc
Quick reference "Palm Cards", checklists and Consulting Tools smartphone app to help you remember and apply internal consulting techniques with real clients and stakeholders following the course.
Who should attend...
You will benefit if you are: a Human Resource practitioner, IT Professional, Business Analyst, OD specialist, Training practitioner, Learning & Development specialist, Internal Auditor, Finance & Tax specialist, Total Quality specialist, OH&S professional, Project Leader, Business Development Manager, Change Agent, BPR specialist etc. In fact any role where you need to get things done in parts of the organisation where you have no direct authority, or achieve objectives in situations where you cannot simply tell them what to do.
Why attend one of our internal consulting courses?
For managers and team leaders this is an important addition to general management training, change management training, project management training or general management courses and is designed to help you develop the internal consulting skills to help you add greater value as business partners. This can serve as an important tool in organisational development and culture change at the micro-level within business units by equipping managers and staff with the practical skills to tease out business needs and operate in a more responsive, business oriented and customer focused way. Our consultant courses are tailored to provide effective consultant training for those working as an external consultant with external clients, or as an internal consultant in technical or specialist support functions within organisations. As a functional specialist this consultancy training will help you boost your consulting skills and learn how to have greater impact and how to be a consultant in your specialist area. For example, if you work as an Information Technology consultant or Human Resources consultant or as a functional specialist:
- HR consultants:as a human resources specialist this course will boost your HR consulting skills and help you become more effective as an HR consultant and Business Partner. Learn how to get line managers to take ownership of the initiatives driven traditionally by a central human resources function. This is an adjunct to traditional HR training and HR courses. Human resources training courses provide a good foundation of technical skills and knowledge but often do not equip you with the HR consulting skills needed to move into an external HR consultancy firm or internal Human Resources business partner and consulting role. Our highly experienced course facilitators have many years' personal experience in HR consultancy and can bring to this course hints, tips and techniques that really work.
- IT consultants: as an IT specialist this course will boost your Information Technology consulting skills and help you become more effective as an IT consultant. Learn how to probe beneath the "wants" of clients to tease out the real business needs so that technology solutions are highly focused on the priorities of the business. This is an adjunct to IT training and IT courses such as business analyst training. Information technology training and business analyst courses provide a good foundation of technical knowledge and skills but often do not equip IT consultants with the IT consulting skills needed to move into an internal or external IT consultancy role. Our highly experienced course facilitators have many years' personal experience in IT consultancy and can bring to this course hints, tips and techniques that really work.
- Internal Specialists and Business Partners: as a technical specialist or business partner (e.g. in finance, organisation development, training, health & safety, project management etc) this course will enable you to leverage your current skills, generate greater buy-in and have greater impact on the organisation. By enhancing your internal consulting skills you will learn how to focus your specialist skills on business priorities and to distinguish client "wants" from what they really need. Whether you are new to your role or highly experienced, this course will give you an extra layer of skills to better exploit your current knowledge and skills and to be seen to operate as a valued business partner. Our highly experienced course facilitators have many years' personal experience in virtually every major industry sector and have an unrivalled depth and breadth of experience of real business consulting initiatives and projects ranging form profitability reviews, design of management information and accounting systems, consolidating mergers and acquisitions, health & safety audits, competency-based training strategy, automated production systems, HR selection and performance management methods, job grading and remuneration & benefits, incentive schemes, quality and customer service projects, culture and climate surveys, systems design and testing methodologies, introducing flexible working arrangements...and many many more. They will bring to this course real business consulting experience, "war stories", hints, tips and techniques that have stood the test of time and really do work.
Find out more - see our short presentation:
For more information get our short Acrobat "Internal Consulting Skills" presentation.